Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Falafel Yo!


Falafel Yo! just opened a branch at SM North Edsa Annex. They gave away 1000 falafels worth 159 pesos each to commemorate the occasion. I spent roughly three hours in line since I got a number less than 500. But it was worth the wait. I took the falafel home and my family enjoyed it. Some gave it an 8 out of 10 while others gave it a 9 out of 10 stars. That's pretty good, considering I had to wait for a cab for about an hour and travel for another half-hour before finally tasting the falafel.

It reminds me of a SUBWAY sandwich in terms of some of the flavors. I thought that the falafel contained beef, but my sister told me it was made of chickpeas or fava beans, and not meat. This makes falafels great for vegetarians. Overall, I'm glad it tasted great. I would recommend it over your typical Turks shawarma since it is more filling (but also more expensive).

I hope that the quality of their product does not diminish with time. I've seen the likes of fast food restaurants like Kenny Rogers Roasters, Bon Chon Chicken, and Mang Inasal which initially have very good quality products become average or below average as the years go by. Blame it on cost cutting, and maybe on worker inconsistency (cutting corners in the preparation that ends up lessening the quality). Also, when there is an increase in the number of patrons, you usually see the quality go down because the fast food production line can't keep up with a high demand from customers. Falafel Yo! has a great product and it should try to keep it the same for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts