Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

D-Link DFE-520TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter


Replaced my NIC about two weeks ago. Tried out D-Link's DFE-520TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter. From time to time, I would get an error 651 whenever I tried to go online. I would also notice that the Internet icon at the bottom right corner of my screen would have a red X mark instead of the usual yellow triangle with an exclamation point whenever it is not connected.

I would simply go into device manager, uninstall the D-Link network adapter, scan for hardware changes and Windows 7 will automatically re-install the drivers. This seems to resolve the error 651 issue and I would be able to go online. The problem would be gone for a day or two, then I would have to go through the entire process and it is getting old.

So, just wondering if any of you techies are experiencing the same problem I am having and if you have found a permanent fix, a little assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.



Comment Using Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts