Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Saturday, March 31, 2012

American Idol 11: DeAndre Brackensick


There is always that one defining moment when people watching American Idol realize that the contestant really has star potential and has a chance of becoming a successful artist. I think I saw these moments in Carrie Underwood's How Do I Get You Alone, Elliot Yamin's Song For You, and Carly Smithson's Here You Come Again performances. And the other night, I believe I saw DeAndre Brackensick's defining moment when he sang Eric Benet's Sometimes I Cry. This guy is sick, Brackensick, especially when he reaches the last parts of the song.


Here's a link to DeAndre's version just in case the video isn't showing up. Below is Eric Benet's official music video.


Here's a link to Eric's version just in case the video isn't showing up.

Comparing the two isn't really fair, and you have to give it to DeAndre since he was killing in a live performance while Eric Benet's video has already been cleaned up. I would buy the DeAndre version in a heartbeat. Not many guys can sing that high. And even if DeAndre doesn't win since these types of songs do not appeal to everyone's tastes, to me, he is already a star. Great job, and good luck with the competition. Hope you make it to the finale.

What about you readers? Which contestant are you rooting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts