Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises



Warning: Spoiler Alert. Don't read any further if you haven't seen the movie yet. 

So I was able to watch the third installment of the Christian Bale Batman franchise and I have to say that they ended this trilogy quite nicely. Anne Hathaway's performance even surprised me. She wasn't bad at all.

I was even caught off-guard by the twist in the end, Marion Cotillard, being Ra's al Ghul's daughter surprised me. I thought Bane was the mastermind behind everything happening in Gotham. Why he had so much influence and control over his army was barely explained though. Is the audience supposed to assume that his minions are former league of shadow operatives?

If you're after Batman tech, I'm afraid this movie is lacking. Except for the "bat" hovering vehicle, and an EMP gun, I it seems there isn't any new arsenal we haven't seen.

The airplane hijacking scene was the coolest stunt, in my opinion. It's just strange that Bane and the Scientist weren't immediately swung at a 45 degree angle the moment the weight of the hijacked plane was released.

And now for the "ending" questions.

Will Joseph Gordon-Levitt become the next Batman? Or will he become Nightwing? How will he continue operations if he has no wealth?

Is Bruce Wayne alive and living happily ever after with Selina Kyle, or was that merely Alfred's wishful thinking? Batman can't outrun a nuclear explosion. He's no techie like Lucius Fox and so he couldn't have fixed the auto-pilot on the hovering vehicle. And we still see a cut scene of him being inside the jet as he approached the sun-lit coast.

So what do you think? Let's hear your theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts