Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Friday, April 26, 2013

Tiberium Alliance Greasemonkey Scripts No Longer Work


I logged in yesterday to do my usual rounds of killing Forgotten bases when I noticed that the TACS simulator button was gone. I checked Greasemonkey and none of the installed scripts were showing up.

So I tried reinstalling the scripts for Tiberium Alliances. But whenever I pressed the INSTALL button, all that appears is a new webpage with the .js (Javascript) file. (The reason for this is that the scripts are actually still installed. You just can't see them at this point.)

I tried reinstalling Greasemonkey instead. I removed Greasemonkey and then reinstalled from the Firefox add-ons page. That remedied the problem for one day. The next morning, the same problem was back. All Greasemonkey scripts for Tiberium Alliances were no longer working. And when I tried to uninstall Greasemonkey, there no longer was an option to remove the add-on. All installed add-ons were no longer visible.

So as a last resort, I decided to reinstall Firefox. There has been pop-ups the last couple of days about upgrading to version 20.0.1. And after much hassle about the need to be an administrator to install it, I finally finished. Lo, and behold, the scripts were working again. REALLY UNCOOL FIREFOX! All that trouble - forcing your users to a mandatory update.

I know, I know... it's like your mom making you eat vegetables because its good for you. Well I hope all the update does is protect us from vulnerabilities and not put more garbage on our drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts