Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lionheart Tactics


If you enjoy games like Final Fantasy Tactics or Front Mission, then you will probably like Lionheart Tactics by Emerald City Games and Kongregate. You can download this game for free at the Google Play Store.

It is a lot similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. You form a party of fighters (from my experience, a maxium of 6 as of this writing), and battle through various points on the world map. Some of the points can even be re-visited. And you acquire allies along the way.

So far, I have been able to acquire an archer, a thief, a wizard, a priest, along with the hero and his trusty aide - a soldier in full metal armor. I really enjoy Captain Redd since he serves as the Tank of the team, and his skill allows you to redirect all damage received by another member to himself. The Hero, on the other hand, is really good at dishing out damage to his enemies, especially if the enemies are directly to his North, East, South, and West. He can perform his Whirlwind skill that hits all enemies in these locations.

I'm probably at a low level as of this point, since the ranged units are not as powerful. I probably like the priest character next because he keeps healing my units and keeps the team alive. Then the thief, cause it allows me to accumulate money necessary for spending on skill upgrades, armor, equipment, and stones necessary for promotions.

The wizard is useful if enemies are in a column formation, since his fireball can hit two enemies in a single shot. The archer is useful for long range hits, preventing the enemy from countering (unless the enemy is also an archer or has long range).

I like the game. The only problem is that at this point, I can only play the game once a day (unless I'm willing to pay for items that will allow me to heal my party). So after a match, I usually just upgrade my unit's skills - some may take a few minutes, others, a few hours, giving them time to heal.

But other than that, I would still recommend the game to other players.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts