Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Friday, December 18, 2015

APC Back-UPS 625


My APC ES 500 UPS was making a continuous noise the other day. I tried resetting the circuit breaker and re-using it and it still seemed to work. But today, it finally conked out. Even after unplugging all devices, and resetting the circuit breaker, and resting the UPS, it still gave a continuous noisy tone.

I read on some forums that you could try replacing the internal battery of the unit. But if you try to do so, and the unit is still busted, you end up having a useless battery. So I decided to just replace the UPS unit. PC Express only had one APC battery back-up available, the APC Back-UPS 625. Had to shell out 2850. The only thing different with the ES 500 is the lack of an extra outlet. I usually make use of all four of the outlets - tower, monitor, printer, and DSL modem. Now, I have to swap out the printer or the modem.

The APC Back-UPS 625 boasts of  up to 50 minutes runtime in case of a power-outage. It also has a two year warranty, but I wonder if this is vetoed by PC Express' one year warranty. I have been satisfied with APC's performance since I started using it as a battery back-up so I hope this unit will do as well as the ES 500 series. Will give an update in case it under-performs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts