Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Friday, September 2, 2016

SKK Chronos Ace Plus Product Review


Purchased a new smartphone a few days ago since my old one was having problems with the battery. The SKK Chronos Ace Plus was the closest product with specs similar to my old phone but at two-third's of my old phone's price. Moore's law is at work - at least with mobile phones.

Here's the specs for the SKK Chronos Plus based on the CPU-Z app from Google Play

Display: 4.59-inch 720 x 1280 pixels 320 dpi
Chipset: Mediatek MT6580
CPU: 1.3GHz Quad-core
GPU: Mali-400 MP graphics
RAM: 1976 MB
Memory: 5.12 GB internal storage
Main camera: 13 MP (rear)
Front camera: 5 MP
Connectivity: 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
Freebies: Smartphone case
Ports: microUSB
Android Version: 6.0 Marshmallow

So far, I've installed most of the apps I've been using like Clash Royale, Chrome, Kaspersky, etc. and these are working fine. There has been a time when the phone restarted and seemed to be stuck at the SKK logo for a long time. (This was quite a scare since the phone is just 3-days out of the box) I just long-pressed the power button and the phone was able to shut down. I restarted it and it seems to be working fine. I guess this is something I have to watch out for.

If you're a gamer, the battery will probably be drained in one to two hours so you'll find yourself recharging every few hours. But if you aren't using the phone for anything graphics intensive, a fully charged battery should last you an entire day.

The fact that the phone comes with its own case is a bit neat since it is hard to find a case for most unknown brands at phone-accessory shops. The phone has a light sensor near the front camera and when you close the case (eliminating light), the display changes to a clock which shows through the case hole.

The phone also comes with its own charger and ear phones. The manual could have been done better. There isn't even a diagram for the different parts of the phone. But I guess it is assumed that most people nowadays know their phone basics.

Anyway, at 2699 pesos, I can't complain (not yet). I've ran into an SKK page where there are customers who are dissatisfied with SKK products, calling these the worst smartphones and tablets in the Philippine market. But I hope I don't end up being one of them. If the phone lasts as long as my old smartphone did (1 year and a half), then I would say that I've gotten my money's worth out of it. I guess I'll be updating this post based on how the phone performs. Till then.

14 comments:

  1. Hey Nathan, I just ordered mine last week and its arriving tomorrow. I'd like to know if you're still using your unit and are there any new issues you've encountered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi carmel.. i bought the same unit aswell.. its been good no issues at all (as of this time) im not over using it much into gaming.. the camera was great.. and im using it without an SD Card, i believe the Internal Memory was just ok for my basic apps must-have.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carmel. Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I'm still using my unit. The charger that comes with the camera has been slow to charge a couple of weeks ago, so I've opted to charge the unit via my PC's USB port. Other than that, it's been doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathan. My smart case broke. What cellphone case is the best match for this unit?

      Delete
    2. It is really hard to find a case for this cellphone here in my location.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try tweaking some of your settings for Clash Royale, like turning Sfx Off. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  6. I just bought mine last Dec 27, 2016. One thing I noticed is theweak wifi connectivity. It disconnects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, where to find in the settings to rotate the screen? I can't really find it. Please help. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It might be under Settings > Display > When device is rotated

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excuse me sir.. I just received my chronos ace yesterday and now I'm suffering in the camera because it won't open and it said can't connect to the camera. and it takes time to turn on is it normal?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My camera is not working very well. It seems like it turned upside down.And the back camera bottom is gone how can I resolve this since I used it for one day.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts