Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Bulging Battery on Coby CMP500 Nitrox


Coby CMP500 Nitrox

My Coby CMP500 Nitrox has served me well for almost a year and six months. But lately, it would power off on its own despite the battery charge still being above 60%. So I decided to check the battery by opening up the case.

CMP500 with the battery removed

I'm not sure if you can notice it, but the battery is bulging.



Slight bulge in the left side of the battery



When I checked the shop at SM North Edsa Annex where I purchased the unit, they said that they did not have available batteries with them. Their repair center in Manila probably has one, but it would cost around 800 pesos or roughly 20% of the original price of the unit. But with newer models from other brands costing only about 3 times that amount, I did not think replacing the battery made any sense if the unit would conk out soon enough.

Thank you Coby for a year and a half worth of service. But with unavailability of immediate service and replacement parts, you'll probably find yourself losing potentially loyal customers to new competition.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts