Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

God is Good Despite Car Trouble


Last night, our family car broke down. It wouldn't start. The cab driver, based on his experience, said it could be one of three things, either the battery, alternator, or some loose connection. But for a car novice like me, even something as simple as changing the car battery was a big source of anxiety.

As I prepared earlier this morning to go out and find some kind of solution, I sought for God's guidance and asked my family to pray for me. And in every step to finding a solution, I just felt God's mercy and kindness upon me.

He provided a way for me to get to the car shop despite my fears. Once at the car shop, the manager said they were out of stock for parts but still helped in giving me information to replace the battery by getting one from a cheaper source. The absence of the part from their shop was a way to help me work within the budget given me. 

The car had trouble in a safe parking spot. The Lord allowed the incident to happen somewhere where we knew their were security guards taking shifts looking after the cars. The car trouble could have happened in some dark alley way where we could not guarantee the safety of the vehicle if left alone. But even the place where the accident happened is God's provision. The parking space even gave us a slight discount. (Perhaps because I already paid an initial parking fee)

The Lord provided another cab driver who was encouraging and patiently waited for our battery technician who was out on call. And the cab driver said it was better that I handled the problem than giving my dad's blood pressure a reason to rise. God allowed the problem to happen under my watch instead of when my dad was in the province, which could have been a more difficult issue. The cab driver even offered to his vehicle for us to jumpstart the family car. The lighting conditions at the parking area were not ideal. So we decided to drive the car back to the battery center where the technician had better lighting and more tools to diagnose the cause of the problem.

And God provided my with a technician who was knowledgeable enough to remove the old battery even though he was not familiar with the family car's model. Even the information about the tools he needed to use was provided by the car shop.

God's provision was with me at every step of the way. And instead of the entire budget being blown away, 10% was left for me to return to the family after all the expenses were paid for.

Life's problems help us grow in faith. There were many times I've had some kind of computer hardware problem in the past, and throughout the years, God has helped provide the solutions to fix those problems. Car trouble is something I have little experience with (and frankly, I don't really want to increase my experience of it either), but if I just view these things as tools that God has given that fail from time to time, if he provides the funds to fix these things, then again, the experience is probably meant for our growth.

Thank You Lord for helping me get through this day. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts