Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

huitat.exe


Today, I encountered the huitat.exe and huitatx.exe files on my USB drive. AVG identified these files as Worm/VB.13.AR. Luckily, the steps I outlined in this article were still able to help me retrieve my files from the USB.

Some people recommend that after being able to retrieve the important files from the USB drive, you should format it then copy an autorun.inf file on the drive. This way, it will be difficult for thumb drive viruses to infect it. Panda USB Vaccine does the same thing for you automatically, every time you insert a thumb drive it has not identified yet. And I think it is also the reason why I couldn't remove an autorun.inf file from my thumb drive despite using ATTRIB -r -s -h. I'm guessing that as long as the Panda program is running in the background, it will prevent the deletion or change of attributes of the autorun.inf file in your USB drive.

Comment Using Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts