Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mayer Hawthorne


I can't believe that Mayer Hawthorne has been around for about 3 years now, and yet I did not know any of his songs. Or perhaps I've heard some of his songs, but did not know it was him singing. But I was curious about a music video that was a lot like the Mr. and Mrs. Smith's fight scene between Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. And at the end of the music video, I saw the title "The Walk", and the artist Hawthorne Mayer.

His sound is a lot like the sound track for My Girl, which was set in the 70s. In some way, I am reminded of John Legend, but Mayer's sound feels a lot older. Right now, my favorite songs of Mayer are "A Strange Arrangement", "Just Ain't Gonna Work Out", and "You're Not Ready".

I hope he comes up with more songs that have the sound of the 70s and avoid the Snoop dog collaboration crap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts