Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Monday, November 7, 2011

Recovering Deleted Files in Windows 7


Having acquired the habit of holding down the SHIFT key while pressing the DELETE key, I have gotten myself in some a situation where I deleted files I was not supposed to. Fortunately, there are data recovery programs available which can still give the user a chance at getting back the lost files.

The program I tried out and which worked excellently for me was Pandora Recovery. After installation, it allowed me several options at locating the lost files, namely Browse, Search, and Surface Scan. I initially tried the Surface Scan option, thinking that it would give me the best results. But the files I was recovering under this option were no longer named under the original file names I gave these. I gave the Browse option a shot, and lo and behold, my files were still there. Discovered files are usually marked by a red X mark, and all you have to do is to right-click these files and specify the location to recover these to. You can also press SHIFT and then mass-select in order to recover multiple files at once.

I have learned my lesson and will be very careful especially when deleting entire folders. But I would like to thank the creators of Pandora Recovery for making such a useful app. Perhaps a different name for the product would be better though, since Pandora's box usually connotes a lack of hope. But if you are familiar with the mythology, you know that hope is found in the end. And that is what this program gives its users who are worried and that are at wits end.

Again, a big thank you Pandora Recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts