Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Friday, July 24, 2015

Google Play Error 194


If you're having an Error 194 issue on your Android phone, don't worry. It seems a lot of people have been affected by this issue. If you don't believe me, check out the link below.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/play/hIIJ1nauNf4

Sometimes, the error changes to 927.

If you're planning to do a factory reset of your phone, let me save you the trouble. IT WILL NOT WORK. I had to learn the hard way.

Neither will clearing cache, data, etc. on the app you are having trouble with. The difficult thing about this error is that it has affected Google Play - the gateway to all other applications. It just shows how dangerous it is to be dependent on a single service provider.

Even if the phone is still able to browse the internet via wifi, the error will still come up. People have suggested modifying the date and time settings, turning the phone off and on, turning the wireless router off and on, turning your ISP's modem off and on. I've even watched a video advising modifying the host file using a root browser.

But I believe the problem is really with Google's service. It simply resolved itself. I, like other users, went through the easy troubleshooting steps above. With so many things I've done, I don't know if any of them helped since the last step I did, rebooting my modem, was what I did before the issue was resolved. But some users on the Google product forums claim that they did this step, too, and it did not resolve the issue. So it might just be coincidence, and Google's tech guys have finally been able to fix the issue after my last troubleshooting step.

If anyone has a clear and logical solution to this problem - something that has repeatedly been verified to work by other users, please drop a comment below and help others out. Thanks.

Till then, resist the temptation to do a factory reset on your phone, and wait a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts