Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Thursday, July 6, 2017

AVG Error: UI Failed to load.


Got this error early today when I tried to open AVG Antivirus:

UI Failed to load.
This is really embarassing.
AV service is not responding.

There were two buttons afterwards, EXIT and RESTART SERVICE.

I tried the RESTART SERVICE button but still ended up with the same result.
Tried to REPAIR AVG via Uninstall programs in Control Panel. Still no go.
Tried to disable AV service from my startup items using MSCONFIG. Still no go.

So, I uninstalled all AVG programs via Uninstall programs in Control Panel. I also downloaded the latest AVG installer, ANTIVIRUS_FREE_1856, as of this writing.

After restarting, I installed AVG using the installer. Then updated my virus definitions and ran a DEEP SCAN. All seems to be working well. I restarted my PC just to be sure that the same error no longer comes up. All was well. Hope these steps help you out, too, in case you're getting the same error message above.

2 comments:

  1. AVG is one of the most popular antiviruses which provide the best security against any malware and virus attack. In today’s time, it is really to install the antivirus as the virus has become more common and users become a victim of these virus attacks due to which they lost all the important and confidential data so it is really important to install the antivirus program in your system. So install AVG antivirus which provides the best and total protection to the system of the users and users will be able to surf and work on their system.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts