Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Shechem, Israel


I was reading about the story of Joseph in Genesis chapter 37. In verse 12 and 13, it reads

12 One day Joseph’s brothers went to Shechem to care for their father’s sheep. 13 Jacob said to Joseph, “Go to Shechem. Your brothers are there with my sheep.”
Joseph answered, “I will go.”
Where in modern day maps would Shechem be?

from www.bible-history.com

With the help of maps.google.com, we can estimate the location of Shechem in a modern day map.






I thank the Lord for the people responsible for our historical records and for the people who develop new technologies. These are exciting times to study the Bible because the tools are easily available. I hope that at some point in my life, I will actually be able to visit Israel and walk where the Lord walked.

If you to receive Jesus into your life, please take some time to read about His gift of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts