Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

AVG .bin file missing



Just like a lot of AVG users around the world, I got the above error message when I booted up my PC. After searching and reading a bit of forums and blogs, I saw this helpful post by Sean Kearney. I'm reposting it here and adding a few helpful images so that other users encountering the same problem can have a bit of peace of mind.
I used his solution and it worked like a charm.
Thanks Sean Kearney!!!
After poking around on the web for a while it has become apparent that this is a widespread and to many users a scary problem. I did find the fix and it works like a charm. To get AVG 8.0 working properly again you must do the following:
1) Go to the AVG website at the following URL: http://www.grisoft.com/ww.download-update
2) Create a folder on your desktop and download the following files to the folder:
a) AVI: 270.6.4
b) IAVI: / 1616
3) Open the AVG control panel and click the "Tools" link. Select "Update from Directory," navigate to the desktop file that you created and placed the downloaded files into and select the file as the update source.
AVG should automatically load the update files and all of your notifications should go back to green. Hope this helps.


Comment Using Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts