Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Additional 1% Change in Win Percentage


I have been wondering how many consecutive wins (from here on represented as N) I would need in order to add an additional 1% to my win percentage. N as it turns out is dependent on the current number of wins that I have (represented as W) and the total number of games I have played (represented as T).

And the equation is as follows:

N=((0.01)*(T^2))/((0.99*T)-W)

where N is the additional consecutive wins (not games, and hence means no losses) that I would need to raise my win percentage by 1%.

The formula can actually be extended to represent any desired win percentage.

N=((%ChangeWin)*(T^2))/((100%-%ChangeWin)*T-W)

So if you are win conscious, this might help in setting your goals. Gambate kudasai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts