Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Friday, May 2, 2014

2014 Update to Firefox 29.0 Causes Black Screen


Firefox forced me to update today. After I did, lo and behold, the tabs are now nicely S-shaped. And there's this new menu forcing me to relearn how to use this browser. But that's not what I hate about this update.

I hate that the update caused a black screen while I was on the Tiberium alliances site. And Firefox did not recover at all. I waited for roughly two hours hoping it would recover. But after two hours of waiting, I had to do a hard shutdown (holding down the power button of your computer for about five seconds until it switches off) which is really uncool. Hard shutdowns can damage your hardware. After doing a hard shutdown, I entered Safe Mode before rebooting into Normal Mode.

Firefox team, stop using your regular users as Beta testers for your roll-outs. There should be a QA team in your company for that. If your new product hasn't been fully vetted yet, then don't force your customers to update.

Thumbs down for Firefox 29.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts