Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Monday, April 16, 2012

Error 651


Just got home from work and was trying to go online when I started receiving the following error.


Called my ISP and they walked me through a few troubleshooting steps.

  • Restarted the ISP modem
  • All lights were normal
  • Went to device manager, and noticed that one of the devices was listed as Other Devices
I thought it was merely a Driver issue so I swapped network ports (my mother board has a built in LAN port but for some reason, I was using a PCI card) and lo and behold, I was back on line. It is good to have a back up. It turns out my LAN card gave out. Even after trying to update it via the Internet, a driver could not be found for it.   


Comment Using Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts