Use quotes for faster searching. Example: "Arrow TV Show"

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Error 718


Sometimes, while trying to establish an internet connection, I get the following error window.


I am not really sure what causes it. There are days when after a few tries, the connection is established while there are also times when I try for several minutes, and even restart my modem, and it still doesn't work. So I blow off some steam, (since calling my ISP is seldom productive), and when I get back after a few hours, seems as though everything is working perfectly fine.

Tried to do a bit of online research on Error 718 and here are some things I've found out about it.

  • It can be caused by using either a wrong user name or password or both
  • It can be caused by an expired ISP account
  • It can be caused by poor line quality

And out of all the above reasons, only the last one seems to fit my scenario. I don't have to re-input the username or password whenever I connect to the internet. I pay my bills on time so I'm not expecting an expired account. So how do I deal with poor line quality.

My ISP says that as long as they can establish a connection, they have done their part. And browsing speed appears to be within expected service levels. I guess some problems are not really important and should just be ignored.

How about you? Have you had some success with an Error 718 issue? How did you solve it? Share your experience and hopefully, others may benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts